At the AGM in May 2018 a resolution was passed to review and modernise this website. The working party are now in the process of constructing a new website using new software and an alternative site hosting company. This will mean a number of changes will be made to alter how site users can use the new website.
Initially a link will be provided from this site to a prototype version of the new site.
Once the prototype site has settled down into a stable version this site will be reduced to a single Home page giving a link to the prototype site. This old site needs to be deleted from the Easily server so that the existing URL (tonbridgecameraclub.org.uk) can be updated to point to the site on the new hosting company. At this stage club data and programme details will come from the new site via the link from the old home page. Once the update to the URL has completed the existing URL (tonbridgecameraclub.org.uk) will point directly to the home page of the new site.
The following changes will also occur:-
- The appearance of the site will change significantly,
- There will be a new menu system to the various parts of the new site,
- Content may be moved from the members area to the public area, and vice versa,
- A new password will be issued to enable access to 'members only' pages,
- New features and sections may be added and some redundant sections removed,
- Bookmarks saved in 'Favorites' for pages in the old site will no longer be valid and will need to be replaced by adding equivalent pages from the new site to your Favorites, after the update to the URL has been made. If you bookmark pages from the prototype site, these will become invalid when the URL change is implemented.
- The email aliases for club officers defined on the Easily email server will no longer work, and will be replaced by new addresses issued by the committee. These addresses are the ones ending with '@tonbridgecameraclub.org.uk'.
Programme for this Week
|Date||Topic||Speaker/Judge Hons (Assoc)|
|Return to Top|
|Tue 25th|| TonDig Group ||Tony Hill ARPS|
|Thu 27th||PDI Competition round 1||Paul Adams DPAGB ADPS (KCPA)|
Website changes 22/05/18
- Draft programme for 2018-19 season loaded.
- Format change to programme and handin dates pages.
- Membership fees updated (the details page), Sponsers page amended.
Website changes 11/05/18
- Club Constitution updated for Data Protection Legislation. Proposal passed at AGM on 10/05/18.
Members can obtain a logon to the restricted area from the webmaster.
News for club members is now in the restricted area, only public news will appear here.